A glimpse into the workings of a Reformationist Christian who loves the Lord, his wife, children, birddog and flyfishing...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

No Griping, Service Only


No Fishing Report this week it is cold and nasty but maybe if I get the courage up I will go if the weather breaks.

No Hunting Report from me although P & H have killed 4 or 5 deer this year.

OK time to quit griping about things. Have you ever come home after a long day, you know, you got up early and then worked all day, meetings and reports, then had an extra long commute because it snowed (white death aahhhh) and slicked everything up. You get home and you can tell your spouse has worked hard all day and dinner is almost done, but wait, the kids are playing yet they haven’t done their chores and they have left clothes, boots, mittens, hats and the like scattered throughout the house in various stages of drying, yet nothing is placed neatly by the wood burner where it would dry quickly. Oh yeah and there is no wood for the fire. I have never had an evening like this but if I did I think I might react with a grumpy spirit I may even bark orders at the kids and then go do all the chores myself with a “martyr-like” spirit. Well here it is Philippians 2:14 “Do everything without complaining or arguing”. That is a tough one. What are you as a Husband and Dad? Are you a Drill Sergeant? Captain of the Ship? Commander and Chief? Oh I know king of his castle? No not any of those you are a servant Ephesians 5:25 says “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her”, and I might add for them (His Children). Do you give your self up when you get home or do you want to be treated like a king? Maybe we should treat them like the King would. I was the guy last night that came home and things were nutty and I got nuts instead of kicking back and taking a few minutes to connect I chose to get grumpy and continue on in my day of work, with the wrong attitude I might add. Here is the prayer for each day, “Lord please prepare my heart and mind for my return home today, allow me to meet them there, each of them, my wife, son (s) and my daughter(s). Let my have your heart and use your example to give myself up for them. Amen”. I know this helps me to focus on what is to be done but you and I must be humble when we walk through that door and be prepared to join in the day with your family.

On another note I picked up a new “toy” yesterday I will report on that later after I get to “play” with it.

No comments: