A glimpse into the workings of a Reformationist Christian who loves the Lord, his wife, children, birddog and flyfishing...

Monday, December 29, 2008


Fishing Report: River is blown out and it was 4 degrees F on Monday the 22nd and 68 degrees F on the 27th. No fishing but there will be soon, chrome (steelhead) start running in a few weeks and the Indiana Fly Fishing show is on the 10th of January. In the mean time I will be sighting in a muzzleloader I am refurbishing.

It is finished. That is what Christ said on the cross many years ago. I think that is what a lot of us say after Christmas each year. That is a shame. My daughter came down Sunday morning and said “”Dad, I hate to see the tree empty with no gifts under it.” Her comment prompted me to think about how we work hard to prepare and it is over in a blink of an eye. The great thing about Christmas in my mind it is the beginning of eternal life for those of us who chose to open the “Christmas Gift”. My daughter was baptized, on Christmas Eve and so starts her journey in this Christian life. Christmas is a great time to reflect on where your walk with the Lord is and where it needs to go. As my family is reflecting this week on the 15 best things that happened this year (3 per person), we will begin to look to 2009 as to what we want to accomplish. Tops on my wife and I’s list is be more focused on others, mostly married couples that need encouragement but along with that we will be doing out reach in the city with our kids coming along so they can live out their faith. We would love to be more open and transparent with others but that takes some courage. Where are you being called? Could it be to give more or maybe just work on your own house? I don’t know what is in store for us this year but I am confident that the Lord has it planned out and as long as we are obedient in our walk the journey should be an adventure that we will talk about for years to come. Happy New Year and by the way I know that my grammar is poor my wife and N.S. have both pointed that out, therefore that is also on the list for 2009.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what wonderful food for thought you've just given me through this post. I love how your family isn't just looking forward, with lofty expectations, to what 2009 COULD be. You're starting with 2008 and thanking God for what He's already done. Then you're planning your goals for 2009 based on what you can give to others.

May God bless you and your family richly! I think I'll sit down and make my own lists.

Michelle
http://handsfrozentothesword.com