A glimpse into the workings of a Reformationist Christian who loves the Lord, his wife, children, birddog and flyfishing...

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is Near and Anticipation is High

Fishing Report is hard water (ice for you non-fisherman) everywhere I look. Big Paul H killed a great buck 23.5 inch inside spread. Awesome deer.

Christmas is near and yet my mind is still chasing what needs to be done and did I forget anything. I have not look forward to Christmas in many years but this year my wife and i have started to enjoy the season again. In the past I have looked forward to the Birth of Christ but the rest of the things associated with the Holiday just brought me down. I had other things on my mind like, where is the next contract coming from and which client was going to hire me for next spring. Now that we have been blessed with a great job and stability like we have never known we are able to relax and share the wonder with the kids. This year we have tried to build the anticipation of the season by doing an Advent reading every night and also helping out in various ways in the community. We had a great opportunity to go and serve at an inner city church here in Indy. What a great experience, I found that people are no different they are just seeking to make it through just like the rest of us. The circumstances maybe different but yet they are still the same struggle to live the Christian life and make it through this life with out pushin'. Christ called us to love one another and to live it out. Have you lived it out this season? If you have great. It is easy to be in the giving spirit this time of the year but live it out in February and in August and every other time of the year when we are in the grind of like.

No comments: