A glimpse into the workings of a Reformationist Christian who loves the Lord, his wife, children, birddog and flyfishing...

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fair Time and being Fair


No Fishing Report this week. IT’S FAIR TIME

It is fair time here in our part of the country. We delivered the rabbits to the fair and got everything set up and ready to go for the show on Tuesday. Boy was it hot in the Barns today, 100 would be my guess, but I love the warmth. It is interesting to see all the kids interacting with the animals, seeing the parents just trying to control the chaos, but the most fun is seeing the kids experiencing some freedom wandering throughout the grounds. The smells are always great, there are of course some of the stinks that can only be found there and at the farm (a good farm kid can tell the difference between all of the stinks), then there are the sweet smells of elephant ears and sweet corn. My boys are learning some hard lessons this week; like taking their time and accepting help and not thinking “I can do it on my own”.

I think we as Christians are a lot like kids at Fair time. We think we are fine and can do it on our own but we get in a jam we turn to our Heavenly Father and ask for help. If we would have walked along side Him all along we would have been free of the problems of our own making. Jesus is clear that trouble will come John 16:33 says "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." But we need to take heart over and over again the promise that God is there for us is reiterated just like in Nahum 1:7 “The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,”. Just like we are there for our kids when they need us, God is there for us in the least of things to heartbreaking tragedies of life.

Check out some of my links there is some great stuff out there.

No comments: