A glimpse into the workings of a Reformationist Christian who loves the Lord, his wife, children, birddog and flyfishing...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The last of the Cantaloupe and Pain and Suffering



No Fishing Report. Hunter’s Ed class was good and looked at some really nice English Setters but that is a discussion for another time.

We pick some cantaloupe today probably the last of the season and they were sweet.

Well time for a real tough conversation. Guys out there in cyberspace, love your wife like she needs to be loved. I made the mistake of trying to fix things and loving my wife the way I would want. Bad move. That just leads to unmet expectations and needs that are not met without being directed. We should know our wives intimately and not just in the “biblical” sense. We need to court them all over again how do they want to be cared for, when do they want us to listen and when do we take action. Song of Solomon 2:3 Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my lover among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste. 4 He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love. 5 Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love. 6 His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me. 7 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. 8 Listen! My lover! Look! Here he comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills. 9 My lover is like a gazelle or a young stag. Look! There he stands behind our wall, gazing through the windows, peering through the lattice. 10 My lover spoke and said to me,"Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. 11 See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. 12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. 13 The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me." Does your wife think of you like this, she should. Do you give her reason too? You should. Work at it, each marriage is different so work at the right ways to love her. Don’t let the days pass awaken the desire in you to love her and that will awaken her to love you. Whether you have been married a week, a year, or decades we all need encouragement to go the distance. Run the race and don’t grow faint. A in the name of the most Holy don’t go anywhere else to get your needs met. God’s plan is for the two of you to met each other’s needs. Paul admonished us in 1 Corinthians 7: 4 The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. This means your whole body including eyes and ears. Take heed of this and keep yourselves pure. It is the best way to show your wife that you love her. She deserves to feel cherished. She is a gift to you and no one else, a gift from God.

No comments: