A glimpse into the workings of a Reformationist Christian who loves the Lord, his wife, children, birddog and flyfishing...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tying for Spring and An Evening at the Spa, Getting Out of the Box


Fishing Report 16/Feb/2009; my youngest son caught several bullfrog tadpoles and that is it, the stream is clear of ice but the weather is still cold. We are ready for spring.
We are trying to get started tying flies for the spring but I am not making much head way.
So here it is. Valentine’s Day came and went and it was probably the best thing I have ever given my wife. I gave of myself. As most of you know, we here on the Big Walnut are working our way out of some tough times. I prayed “God what can I give my wife for Valentine’s Day to show her I love and cherish her.” The God Idea I got was…well let’s just say out of my comfort zone. I am a guy who loves to fly fish, hunt and has been known to butcher his own meat. The Idea “Give your wife a day at the spa”, I thought to myself, #1 I don’t have that in the budget and #2 if I don’t have it in the budget how do I do any of those things they do at a spa. I mean I have never even been in a spa. So I had no choice I started reading how to give facials and massage, got the DVD on foot massage and shopped in an area of the super center that I didn’t even know what all things did or why I needed them. I compiled nail polish, oils and various creams, and what ever else you need for a spa experience. I fancied the house up with classical music, candles, and cleaned, hung gauzy drapes over the large windows for privacy; I even lowered the wattage and color of the light bulbs for atmosphere. I made all kinds of foods to have out, purchased some wonderful sleep wear for her, and collected more women’s magazines than a library to have for her reading enjoyment. But I am not done, I also printed out an invitation to an evening at the spa with the details of what lay in store and a card with a poem I found that was very much how I thought about my wife. Last but not least I got some wonderful chocolate. She followed all the instructions and called from the church, kids were there for parent’s night out. I directed her to the invitation hidden under the seat in her car. She arrived home and got ready for an evening at the “Spa”. I did all the things that I knew she longed for, her “Love Language” is acts of service, we did it all manicure, pedicure, a facial (that I made), and a full body massage. She was thrilled and I was content, I had showed her how I loved her.
I tell this story not to brag or boast; because it wasn’t me, it was God leading me to serve. I am sharing this for all of you out there that did not step out of the box maybe you have never stepped out of the box, well it is time to get up and step out. Men do something totally unexpected for your wife take her out; shower her with something you know she would love. Ladies surprise your man, let him know how you feel, show him that you love him. I know that it is extremely uncomfortable “to paint your wife’s nails” like I did but it is so worth the effort, you will feel a great contentment knowing that there is no doubt that you love your spouse.

No comments: